The team at ChocZero chocolates insists that their sugar-free chocolate — which is sweetened with monk fruit extract, a natural ingredient that doesn’t affect your blood sugar and doesn’t contain artificial sweeteners — not only tasted great, but could replace regular chocolate for those who cannot have sugar or who are on a keto diet.
I wouldn’t normally seek out sugar-free chocolates, but I thought I’d give them a try!
I tasted both their dark and milk chocolates, and I’ll admit, I am a bigger fan of the dark — both have a bit of that sugar-free sweetener aftertaste, but it’s less noticeable in the dark variety. However, if I had to go sugar-free, I’d definitely choose them over artificially sweetened chocolate.
After my initial tasting, I put these chocolates to the test to see if I could use them in baking. I added them to a simple recipe for cake-like brownies that I would normally make with Baker’s chocolate squares melted with butter, and a heap of sugar. I’m happy to say that they came out pretty well! I think this would be a great alternative for people looking for a sugar-free dessert. Plus, it’s super easy with only for ingredients. (This post features affiliate links.)
- 1 pack of ChocZero 50% dark chocolate squares (10 total)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease the inside of an 8” x 8” baking pan.
- Melt the chocolate squares in a double boiler over the stove, or by using a pan on very low heat and stirring constantly. Once the chocolate is fully melted set aside to cool a bit.
- Beat the two eggs in a mixing bowl until they begin to look bubbly.
- Add the melted chocolate (after it has cooled a little so that you don’t accidentally cook the eggs with hot melted chocolate) and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix until batter is well blended.
- Pour into baking pan, spread evenly, and place in preheated oven until for about 20 minutes, or until a knife poked in the center comes out clean. NOTE: Oven times may vary, don’t overcook!
About ChocZero Dark Chocolates:
- Click here to buy them online at Amazon
- Ingredients: Dark Chocolate (unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter), Soluble Corn Fiber, Sunflower Lecithin, Monk Fruit Extract, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans. (May contain: Milk, Tree Nuts.
- 40 Calories per serving (1 piece)
- Fair-trade premium cocoa beans from South America
- Sugar free with no sugar alcohols and no artificial sweeteners.
- Sweetened with a monk fruit and fiber blend, with zero glycemic impact.
- Low carbs
- All natural, non-GMO, gluten free, and kosher certified.
- Made in the USA